This privacy statement sets out how we will use and protect any information that you provide when you use this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is Carter Wong Design Ltd (CWD)
CWD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal information that you provide when using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Please read this privacy statement carefully together with our website terms and conditions. CWD may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This privacy statement was last updated on 25/09/14.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site which may include: name, job title, contact information including email address and demographic information such as postcodes;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
- to send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you; to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure to third parties
Reform may disclose your information in the following instances:
- in the event that the business and assets of CWD are merged with or sold to a third party in which case we may disclose your personal data to the merger partner or buyer of our business or assets;
- as required by applicable law or if CWD are ordered to do so by a court or other similar body; in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Reform, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. IP addresses and cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Managing Director, Carter Wong Design, 29 Brooke Mews North, London, W2 3BW If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.